Virginia Tech has announced the search committee for a new vice provost for enrollment management.
In December, current Vice Provost for Enrollment and Degree Management Wanda Dean announced her retirement. Dean has served the university for 37 years, 26 of those years as university registrar. As the university’s first vice provost for enrollment and degree management, Dean unified several units on campus to create a framework for collaboration and to fully embrace a common mission to attract, enroll, and graduate a highly qualified, talented, and diverse student body, all the while increasing access and affordability.
Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Vice Provost for Inclusion and Diversity Menah Pratt-Clarke will chair the search committee. Members of the search committee include:
- Kathryn Albright, associate dean for academic affairs, College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Rosemary Blieszner, Alumni Distinguished Professor and associate dean of the Graduate School
- Karen Eley Sanders, associate vice provost for college access and chief diversity officer, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Juan Espinoza, director of diversity and access initiatives, Undergraduate Admissions
- Jennifer Hodgson, associate dean for professional programs, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Monica Kimbrell, assistant dean, Office of VT-Shaped Learning, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Mercedes Ramírez Fernández, associate vice provost for strategic affairs and diversity, Office of Inclusion and Diversity
- Sudipta Sarangi, department head, economics, College of Science
- Brennan Shepard, director for financial planning, Office of Budget & Financial Planning
- Kimberly Smith, assistant provost, Academic Advising Initiatives, University Academic Advising Center
- Joel Snodgrass, department head, fish & wildlife conservation, College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Rick Sparks, university registrar
- Susan Sumner, associate dean and director, academic programs, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Don Taylor, Charles O. Gordon Professor and interim dean, College of Engineering
- Bevlee Watford, associate dean for academic affairs and director of the Center for Enhancement of Engineering Diversity, College of Engineering
- Katie Wells, director of advising, undergraduate affairs, Pamplin College of Business
The search committee welcomes nominations for the position. Virginia Tech has engaged Witt/Kieffer to assist with this search. For confidential inquiries or to nominate an individual for this position, please email VT-VPEM@wittkieffer.com. You may also send nominations to Menah Pratt-Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via campus mail, 334 Burruss Hall (0216).
The position description and application process will be announced this month and will be available through the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (www.provost.vt.edu) website.