Due to popular demand, four additional Diversity Development workshops have been scheduled.
- Thursday, May 25, 1-5 p.m.
- Learn about the variety of people who have brains that function in ways that diverge significantly from the dominant societal standards of “normal.”
- Diversity, Sports, and Culture
- Thursday, June 1, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Learn how American sports have been at the center of some major political debates and how they have helped shape the cultural attitudes, norms, and power structures.
- Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Tuesday, June 6, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- This session uses interactive discussion and personal reflection to develop skills to effectively investigate theoretical models describing diversity and differences and recognize the importance of self-awareness as a means of effective engagement.
- Communicating Respectfully in a Diverse World
- Thursday, June 8, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Explore communication skills for promoting and including respect in the workplace, as well as ways to use communication to effectively address issues of incivility and disrespect.
Workshops are open to all employees and are held in North End Center. Sessions fill up quickly and space is limited. Registration is required. To register, click “view by alpha” and search for the course name listed above.
For more information, or to inquire about bringing organizational and professional development services directly to your team or department, contact University Organizational and Professional Development at 540-231-5100.
Submit a Campus Notice
Try the updated campus notice form. This form allows for image submissions. It also requires a valid PID to access.
Get started by going to the form.