The Division of Administrative Services is the largest senior management area at Virginia Tech. More than 800 employees in the division are responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of the university's 13,000 employees, 31,000 students, and about 10,000 visitors each year. Additionally, division employees maintain more than 125 building, 2,600 acres of property, and an airport.
The division’s annual Customer Service Recognition Program recognizes employees in the division who exemplify the university’s motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) in their day-to-day work providing exceptional customer service to the campus community. Individuals and teams (with up to 12 members) may be nominated.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- have at least 12 months of service working in the Division of Administrative Services, and,
- maintain an acceptable level of performance in all functions of their positions and consistently exhibit excellent customer service, and,
- seek to improve service in creative/highly responsive ways, or,
- take initiative beyond the normal scope of service, or,
- proactively resolve or contribute to the resolution of long-standing problems that directly benefit customers.
Employees who have a title of director or above are not eligible.
Learn more about the award, including eligibility information, and nominate an employee on the Customer Service Recognition Program webpage. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. March 3 via the online nomination form for individuals or teams.
Departments in the division include: Business Services, Air Transportation, Equity and Access, Human Resources, Information Technology for Administrative Services, Mail Services, Transportation and Parking (including Alternative Transportation and Fleet Services), Printing Services, Emergency Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Facilities Services, Police, University Organizational and Professional Development, and the Vice President's Office (including administration and communications).
For more information, or questions about the program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Campus Notice
Try the updated campus notice form. This form allows for image submissions. It also requires a valid PID to access.
Get started by going to the form.