Virginia Tech Alumni Association invites all Hokies to join the online Hokie Nation Network
April 16, 2009
The Virginia Tech Alumni Association recently launched the Hokie Nation Network, a new online social and professional networking site designed to connect Hokies around the globe.
The Hokie Nation Network was created specifically to allow Hokies to communicate and collaborate with alumni, faculty, staff, and students based on shared interests, professions, and geographic locations. The online network lends both social and professional benefits.
Members can easily stay informed of happenings with the Alumni Association, colleges and departments, student organizations, and on-campus and related off-campus activities. Hokie alumni will be able to post career opportunities while those seeking employment can share their resumes and promote their skills. Faculty and staff may interact online with both alumni and current students, bridging the information gap across multiple generations of Hokies. Alumni professionals and faculty thought leaders can share best practices in their fields.
The network also plans to roll out a Facebook application that will allow members to interface their announcements and opportunities on the Hokie Nation Network community with their Facebook profiles.
The initial phase of Hokie Nation Network launched on April 1, 2009, exclusively for alumni. The Alumni Association says they plan to open the network in May 2009 for faculty, staff, and current students.
Reasons to join
- Connect with friends, classmates, alumni, students, faculty, and staff
- Learn current Virginia Tech information on colleges, departments, student groups, and more
- Search feature allows you to find Hokies by locality, career, specific interest, class year, or major
- Learn about and get involved with Alumni Association chapters and clubs in your area
- Career opportunities: post your resume, create new business contacts, start a discussion related to your field, or find employment opportunities
- Advertise special opportunities to other Hokies such as: house for rent, employment availabilities, Virginia Tech sporting tickets, and more.
Quick steps to register
- Go to http://www.alumni.vt.edu/hnn
- Login with your VT PID (required to join) and password
- Create your profile and start networking!
If you need help registering, click “Help” on the login page. If you have questions, please contact Gwen Harrington at (540) 231-6285.