Heather Evans of Blacksburg has been appointed director of Fraternity and Sorority Life at Virginia Tech.

Evans currently serves as associate director of student activities and leadership at Radford University, where she has led university initiatives in Greek life, leadership, and student involvement. She will begin her new position June 1.

Frank Shushok Jr, associate vice president for student affairs said of Evans, “After meeting Heather and reviewing feedback from the search committee, it became clear to me that she has the energy, professional background, collaborative spirit, and commitment to students necessary to ensure that Virginia Tech is known for having one of the most forward-thinking, student leadership-focused fraternity and sorority life programs in North America.”

Evans has worked at Radford University since 2002 in a variety of roles, including Greek life coordinator and coordinator of student activities and leadership. Prior to her work at Radford University, Evans served in several positions with Delta Delta Delta Fraternity headquarters in Arlington, Texas.

“When I joined the Greek community, I immediately knew that my interfraternal membership would be an incredibly special and important part of my life,” said Evans. “However, little did I know at the time that my membership would provide an avocation as well as a vocation. I am sincerely looking forward to working with the fraternity and sorority community at Virginia Tech.”

Evans earned a master’s of business administration from Radford and a bachelor’s of business administration from the College of William and Mary.

Fraternity and Sorority Life at Virginia Tech is one of the largest in the country, advising 56 nationally affiliated Greek-letter organizations. The university hosts 28 North American Interfraternity Conference fraternities, 12 National Panhellenic Conference women’s fraternities, eight National Pan-Hellenic Council chapters, and eight chapters formed around cultural, service, or religious interests.