Crime alert: The Virginia Tech Police investigating assault on Drillfield
November 16, 2010
The Virginia Tech Police Department is investigating an assault that occurred on Nov. 16, at 12:50 a.m.
The victim reported that, while waiting on the sidewalk in front of Burruss Hall, he was assaulted by a group of four to five unknown white males.
One of the suspects was described as a heavy set male wearing a white shirt and a bandana on his head. The second male was described as wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. The suspects exited a red SUV-type vehicle with tinted windows, possibly a Chevy Blazer, and pushed the victim to the ground.
The victim sustained minor injuries, including abrasions to his hands. He was transported to Lewis-Gale at Montgomery for medical treatment.
After the assault, the suspects fled the scene in a red SUV-type vehicle and headed toward West Campus Drive.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact Detective R.L. Taylor of the Virginia Tech Police Department at (540) 231-8121.
Virginia Tech Police would like to remind all community members of the following:
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Report all suspicious people and circumstances immediately.
- Use SafeRide between any points on campus.
- (540) 231-SAFE or (540) 231-7233
- Be cautious in confronting suspicious persons. Call Virginia Tech Police Department.