Crime Alert: Virginia Tech Police investigating abduction and forcible fondling incidents
January 18, 2011
Virginia Tech Police is investigating abduction and forcible fondling incidents that were reported to have occurred in November 2010.
The incidents were reported to Virginia Tech Police on Jan. 14, 2011. The victim reported that on one occasion, while working at The Inn at Virginia Tech, a co-worker pushed her in a closet and fondled her breasts. On another occasion, also in November 2010, the suspect pulled the victim into a storage closet.
The suspect is not currently working on campus. The investigation is active.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact Detective R.L. Taylor of the Virginia Tech Police Department at (540) 231-8121.
Virginia Tech Police would like to remind all community members of the following:
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Sexual assault is non-consensual sexual activity, ranging from unwanted sexual touching to forced intercourse.
- Call Virginia Tech Police Department immediately to report all suspicious people and circumstances.
If you are the victim of a sexual assault, you have options and help available through:
- Women’s Center at Virginia Tech: 540-231-7806
- Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley: 540-639-1123
- Cook Counseling Center: 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office: 540-231-3787
For more information on resources, visit the Stop Abuse at Virginia Tech website.