Crime Alert: Forcible fondling incident
January 23, 2011
To the Virginia Tech university community,
The Virginia Tech Police Department was recently notified of an incident in which a student was sexually assaulted by another student on Jan. 22, 2011. The incident occurred at approximately 5:30 a.m. in a common area of West Eggleston Hall. The assault involved forcible fondling against the will of the victim. The suspect is an acquaintance of the victim and has been identified.
Virginia Tech Police was informed of this incident on Jan. 23, 2011.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact Officer Anderson of the Virginia Tech Police Department at (540) 231-6411 or e-mail email@example.com.
Virginia Tech Police would like to remind all community members of the following:
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Sexual assault is non-consensual sexual activity, ranging from unwanted sexual touching to forced intercourse.
- Call Virginia Tech Police Department immediately to report all suspicious people and circumstances.
If you are the victim of a sexual assault, you have options and help available through:
- Women's Center at Virginia Tech: 540-231-7806
- Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley: 540-639-1123
- Cook Counseling Center: 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office: 540-231-3787
For more information on resources, visit the Stop Abuse at Virginia Tech website.