In memoriam: Joseph Ba Ngo, junior in the College of Science and member of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets
October 24, 2011
The following information was provided by Smith & Williams Funeral Home.
Joseph Ba Ngo, a junior majoring in biological sciences in the College of Science and member of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, passed away on Oct. 22, 2011 in Blacksburg. He was 20 years old.
Joseph was born in Norfolk, Va., and graduated from Bayside High School Class of 2009. He was in his junior year at Virginia Tech and a member of the Virginia Army National Guard.
Survivors include his parents, Khoa Ba Ngo and My Hanh Nguyen, his paternal grandparents, Ann Sheppard of Virginia Beach, Va.; and Quot Nguu Ngo of Viet Nam; maternal grandmother, Nu Nguyen of Virginia Beach, Va.
The family will receive friends on Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 1 to 9 p.m. at Smith & Williams Funeral Home, Kemspville Chapel.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Thursday, 11 a.m. at Our Lady of la Vang, 409 Campostella Road, Norfolk, VA. Interment will follow at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Flowers are welcome. Friends may offer condolences at www.smithandwilliamskempsville.com.
Those in the university community who may wish assistance or desire counseling support may contact:
- Cook Counseling Center at 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787
- Office of Housing and Residence Life at 540-231-6205
- Hokie Wellness at 540-231-2233 (students) or 540-231-8878 (employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anthem at 1-855-223-9277
- Aetna at 1-888-238-6232
- Kaiser Permanente at 1-866-517-7042
- Referrals to a campus cleric may be done through the Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787.