In memoriam: Dieter Reinhardt Seltzer, junior, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
February 17, 2012
Dieter Reinhardt Seltzer, of Manassas, Va., a junior majoring in philosophy in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, died Tuesday, Feb. 14.
During his time at Virginia Tech, Seltzer was a Dean’s List student and a member of the men’s water polo team.
A memorial service has been planned for 4 p.m. Feb. 18 at Pierce Funeral Home located at 9609 Center St., Manassas, Va.
In lieu of flowers, a scholarship fund has been created at Virginia Tech’s Department of Philosophy. Those wishing to contribute should make checks out to “Virginia Tech Foundation” and include “Philosophy Scholarship Fund” in the memo.
Contributions should be directed to:
Department of Philosophy-0126
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Those in the university community who may wish assistance or desire counseling support may contact:
- Cook Counseling Center at 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787
- Office of Housing and Residence Life at 540-231-6205
- Hokie Wellness at 540-231-2233 (students) or 540-231-8878 (employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anthem at 1-855-223-9277
- Aetna at 1-888-238-6232
- Kaiser Permanente at 1-866-517-7042
- Referrals to a campus cleric may be done through the Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787.