Ryan Minter has been appointed annual giving officer for Virginia Tech’s Office of University Development.

In his new role, Minter works one-on-one with donors and prospects to benefit the university’s annual giving program and to build relationships in support of Virginia Tech’s overall fundraising  efforts.

“Ryan is a welcome addition to our team,” said Randy Holden, director of annual giving. “His knowledge of the university is an invaluable asset in communicating with other Hokies.”

Minter earned his bachelor’s in management from Virginia Tech in 2010.

“Because I am an alumnus, I have a direct connection to the Hokies I encounter in my position with annual giving,” Minter said. “I enjoy meeting members of the extended Virginia Tech family, learning how their successes have evolved, and providing them with opportunities to enhance the experiences of future Hokies.”

Prior to joining University Development, Minter served in the Virginia Tech University Bursar’s Office interpreting Internal Revenue Service forms and assisting students in financial matters.   

Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 240 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students and manages a research portfolio of $513 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.

Written by Erica Stacy