The following statement may be attributed to Virginia Tech President Timothy D. Sands:
“The entire Virginia Tech community extends our deepest condolences and sympathies to Cameron’s family and friends at this moment of tragedy and grief,” said Virginia Tech President Timothy D. Sands.
“My heart also goes out to our students and faculty who also feel tremendous sorrow at this loss. I know this is a strong and supportive community, and encourage us all to turn to one another for support and solace.”
Assistance for the Virginia Tech community
Those in the university community who may wish assistance or desire counseling support may contact:
- Cook Counseling Center at 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787
- Office of Housing and Residence Life at 540-231-6205
- Hokie Wellness at 540-231-2233 (students) or 540-231-8878 (employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anthem at 1-855-223-9277
- Aetna at 1-888-238-6232
- Kaiser Permanente at 1-866-517-7042
- Referrals to a campus cleric may be done through the Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787.