2015 Service Recognition Awards: Employees recognized for combined 15,670 years of service
April 30, 2015
This spring, 802 Virginia Tech employees are being recognized for their significant career commitment to the university.
Collectively, these 802 faculty and staff, who work in various colleges and departments across the university, have dedicated 15,670 years of service to Virginia Tech.
Employees with 10, 15, and 20 years of service were recognized at a luncheon on April 23. Employees who have served the university for 25 years of service or more will be recognized at a dinner on Monday, May 11.
One of the employees being recognized, Brenda Caldwell, a program support technician in animal and poultry sciences, is being recognized for 50 years of service.
Of the remaining employees being recognized, the following seven employees have served Virginia Tech for 45 years:
- Ezra "Bud" Brown, Alumni Distinguished Professor, mathematics;
- Joseph Schetz, Fred D. Durham Endowed Chair Professor, aerospace and ocean engineering;
- Bonnie Sutphin, associate director for operations, procurement;
- Alexis Johnson, postal assistant, campus mail center;
- George Clum, professor, psychology;
- Scott Geller, Alumni Distinguished Professor, psychology; and
- Leonard Cook, housekeeping supervisor, custodian services.
A complete list of employees being recognized this year is available online.
Learn more about the university's service recognition program.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 240 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students and manages a research portfolio of $513 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
- Employees recognized for combined 16,285 years of service
- Virginia Tech Honors and Awards