Virginia Tech employees recognized for combined 13,890 years of service
March 23, 2016
Virginia Tech recognizes 783 employees for their significant career commitment to the university.
Collectively, these 783 faculty and staff, who work in colleges and departments across the university, have dedicated 13,890 years of service.
The Service Recognition Program acknowledges employees' service to the university in five-year increments, beginning at 10 years of service. This year’s recipients will be honored at a luncheon and a dinner this spring.
Of the employees being recognized, the following seven have served Virginia Tech for 45 years:
- Ann Hutchens, fiscal technician, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Dot Cupp, administrative assistant to department head, Department of Idustrial and SystemsEengineering
- Charles Taylor, professor, departments of political science and international studies
- E.F. Benfield, professor and associate department head, Department of Biological Sciences
- Brenda Harris, registrar, Graduate School
- W. Eugene Seago, Curling Professor in Accounting and Information Systems
- Thomas Tillar, special assistant to the dean, Pamplin College of Business
A complete list of employees being recognized this year is available online.
Learn more about the university's service recognition program.
Written by Katie Huger, employee communications manager.