Winter weather: Snow emergency routes no longer in effect for Blacksburg campus
March 14, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Snow emergency routes are no longer in effect.
The Reynolds Homestead will open at noon today.
Sites in Alexandria, Arlington, and Falls Church for the National Capital Region are closed today. Classes are canceled for those locations.
Monday, March 13, 2017
The Marion duPont Equine Medical Center will be closed for outpatient appointments and elective cases for March 14, 2017. Essential personnel should report as scheduled.
The center will be open for emergency cases and staffed to attend current inpatients.
Because of the forecast, snow emergency routes go into effect at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 13. These roadways must remain open for emergency vehicle use. All vehicles parked along these five roads (parallel and diagonal) must be removed or be towed at owner's expense:
- Washington Street: between Kent Street and Duck Pond Drive
- Kent Street: between Washington Street and Drillfield Drive
- South Drillfield Drive: between Kent Street and West Campus Drive (both sides of the road)
- Beamer Way: between Washington Street and Southgate Drive.
- Alumni Mall inbound lane only (the outbound lane will remain unaffected)