Ex Lapide Society hosts professional development opportunities for students
September 19, 2017
Ex Lapide (Latin for “Out of Stone”) is a free Virginia Tech alumni society for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning alumni and their allies.
On Friday, Oct. 20, students will have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with Capital One representatives and learn about internships and employment opportunities. Sessions will last 20 minutes and students must choose from one of six areas, including:
- Audit Rotation Program and Internship (ARP)
- Finance Rotation Program and Internship (FRP)
- Technology Development Program and Internship (TDP)
- Management Rotation Program and Internship (MRP)
- Data Science/Data Analytics
- a workshop on Behavioral Interviewing, presented by Capital One
- an alumni panel discussing professional development tips and being “out” in the workplace.
- a focused networking reception.
All majors are welcome. Registration for “Out at Work” is also required. Register here:
- Ex Lapide "Out at Work" Networking: Alumni/Professional Registration
- Ex Lapide "Out at Work" Networking: Student Registration
Capital One is sponsoring these networking events. Our other partners include the Ex Lapide Alumni Society, the LGBTQ+ Resource Center, the Garnett E. and Patsy T. Smith Career Center and the Virginia Tech Alumni Association.
Ex Lapide Society Reunion
The Ex Lapide Society Reunion is Oct. 20-21. Ex Lapide (Latin for “Out of Stone”) is Virginia Tech's LGBTQA Alumni Society.