Virginia Tech has announced the search committee for a senior vice president for operations and administration.
Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer Dwight Shelton is currently serving as senior vice president on an interim basis while continuing in his role as vice president for finance and CFO. Four current vice presidents will report to the senior vice president for operations and administration—the vice president for finance and CFO, the vice president for operations (Sherwood Wilson), the vice president for policy and governance (Kim O’Rourke), and the vice president for human resources (Lisa Wilkes is in this position in an interim role).
Vice President for Advancement Charlie Phlegar will chair the search committee. Members of the search committee are:
- Omar Banks, executive associate athletics director;
- John Dooley, chief executive officer, Virginia Tech Foundation;
- Patricia Dove, University Distinguished Professor of Geosciences and C.P. Miles Professor of Science, College of Science;
- Kevin Foust, chief of police, Virginia Tech Police Department, and director of security;
- Don Halliwill, chief financial officer, Carilion Clinic;
- Frances Keene, chief of operations and deputy to the associate vice president for student affairs;
- Chris Kiwus, associate vice president and chief facilities officer;
- Chelsea Lyles, doctoral student, Higher Education Program, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences;
- Theresa Mayer, vice president for research and innovation;
- Steve McKnight, vice president for National Capital Region;
- Scott Midkiff, vice president for information technology and chief information officer;
- Sally Morton, dean, College of Science;
- Kim O’Rourke, vice president for policy and governance and secretary to the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors;
- Cheryl Peterson, executive director of the Office of the President;
- Savita Sharma, chief of staff, Office of the Vice President for Finance;
- Ken Smith, vice provost for academic resource management;
- Lisa Wilkes, interim vice president for human resources;
- Chris Yianilos, executive director of government relations.
Melissa Elliott, senior executive assistant in the Office of the President, will provide administrative support for the search committee.
The search committee welcomes nominations for the position. Virginia Tech has engaged Russell Reynolds Associates to assist with this search. For confidential inquiries or to nominate an individual for this position, please email VaTechSVP@russellreynolds.com. You may also send nominations to Cheryl Peterson, at email@example.com, or via campus mail, 210 Burruss Hall (0132).
Work to finalize the position description is underway. Once completed, it and application process will be available through the Office of the President website.