Team,

I am excited to announce the 2018 Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) has officially kicked off.

As a Virginia Tech alum and former head football coach, I am honored to represent the Hokie Nation and serve as this year’s CVC honorary chair. Together as a team, we will make this year’s campaign another great success.

The campaign runs until Friday, Dec. 14. Since 2010, Virginia Tech employees have donated more than $2 million to local charities in the New River Valley and across the Commonwealth of Virginia.

This year, I encourage each employee to visit the CVC website and look through the 1,000 or more charities, varying from health and human services, animal welfare, environmental conservation, and medical research. There is a charity for everyone!

In the spirit of our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), I know the Hokie Nation will come together for this year’s campaign. We exceeded last year’s goal of $350,000, bringing in $371,773. Thanks to those efforts, Governor Ralph Northam recently awarded Virginia Tech a pacesetter award for our 2017 campaign.

Given our track record, I am confident we will exceed this year’s goal of $375,000. Every dollar counts to help us reach our goal. Won’t you consider giving today?

To make a donation, visit the CVC online donation site. Paper pledge cards are also available.

The university’s annual campaign is administered by the Division of Human Resources and led by a steering team made up of university department representatives. For questions or assistance, please contact your department representative. A list of steering team members is listed on the CVC website.

Thank you again for your service to Virginia Tech and the community. Let’s Go Hokies!

Sincerely,

Frank Beamer
Honorary Chair
2018 Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign