Virginia Tech announces search committee for vice president for finance
July 29, 2019
Virginia Tech has announced the search committee for its vice president for finance, according to Dwayne Pinkney, senior vice president for operations and administration.
In April, Dwight Shelton announced his retirement as the university’s vice president for finance and chief financial officer after a 40-year career at Virginia Tech.
The search for the vice president for finance will be chaired by Robert Sumichrast, dean of the Pamplin College of Business. Additional members of the search committee include:
- Rhonda Arsenault, associate vice president for advancement services, Division of Advancement.
- Annie Connelly, director of payroll, Controller's Office.
- Sherri Cook, associate vice president for Virginia Tech Health Sciences & Technology, Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC.
- Lance Franklin, assistant vice president for environmental health and safety, Division of Operations.
- Bryan Garey, vice president for human resources.
- Ellington Graves, director, Africana Studies Program in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, InclusiveVT faculty fellow, Office for Inclusion and Diversity.
- Luisa Havens Gerardo, vice provost for enrollment management, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost.
- Mary Helmick, director of procurement.
- Steve Holbrook, professor and head of the Department of Geosciences, College of Science.
- Elizabeth Hooper, director of state relations, Office of Government Relations.
- Art Keown, Alumni Distinguished Professor and the R. B. Pamplin Professor of Finance, Pamplin College of Business.
- Steve Kleiber, assistant dean for finance and administration, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Scott Midkiff, vice president for information technology and chief information officer.
- Terri Mitchell, associate vice president for administration and controller
- Kim O'Rourke, vice president for policy and governance.
- Patricia Perillo, vice president for student affairs.
- Trudy Riley, associate vice president for research and innovation, sponsored programs.
- Ken Smith, vice provost for academic resource management, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost.
- Tamarah Smith, business operations specialist for the Office of Summer and Winter sessions.
- Nick Stone, director of operations, Virginia Tech National Capital Region.
The position description, application process, and other information related to the search is available through the Office of the Senior Vice President for Operations and Administration. Updates on the search process will be posted to Virginia Tech Daily.