Lockheed Martin on campus Sept. 4 and 5 to recruit students
August 29, 2019
Lockheed Martin wants to recruit Hokie leaders that have what it takes to solve global security challenges of the future.
The American global aerospace, defense, security, and advanced technologies company will be visiting Virginia Tech’s Blacksburg campus on Sept. 4 and 5 to recruit a variety of engineering and business majors, including computer science, aerospace engineering, computer programming, software development, finance, and accounting.
Undergraduate students are encouraged to come meet with company experts and recruiters who are developing some of the world’s most cutting-edge technologies and learn about Lockheed Martin during this two-day event.
Students should come dressed in business casual attire with resume in hand.
Evening with Executives:
- Wednesday, Sept. 4
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Burruss Hall Auditorium: Business casual attire (no suits needed).
- Panel discussion to include leaders from each of Lockheed's business areas with an opportunity for students to ask questions. Come network with hiring managers and meet intern ambassadors!
- Thursday, Sept. 5
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center
- (Virginia Tech parking permit only - free bus shuttle provided from Goodwin Hall to the inn)
- Business casual attire (no suits needed)
- Lockheed Martin recruiters, engineering/technical and production operations professionals, and business leaders from the Rotary and Mission Systems, Space, Missiles and Fire Control, and Aeronautics business areas, and Enterprise Operations will be on campus to recruit students, make connections, and make-on-the-spot letter of intent offers to students! In addition, come experience the F-35 flight simulation and virtual reality demo and sign up for the laptop raffle.
First- and second-year students seeking internships can also participate in breakout sessions:
- Assembly Hall, The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center
- 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
Event contact: Janet Bachtel, firstname.lastname@example.org