Checklist for families at mid-semester
October 13, 2020
As the middle stretch to the semester arrives, we've compiled these tips and suggestions to help you and the Hokie in your life navigate the next few weeks.
- Review housing & residence life information to learn more about move-out, health and safety, and frequently asked questions.
- Review information about COVID-19 testing, including prevalence testing procedures, and read the FAQs.
- Learn more about the COVID-19 isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Is your student looking for a place to study? Spaces and events look a little different this year, but there’s still lots to experience.
- Stay up to date on events being offered for students.
- Make sure your Hokie stays in motion. There are lots of options for exercise and competition while staying safe and healthy this fall.
- Prepare for your student to leave campus by Nov. 21.
- Trying to secure off-campus housing for fall 2021s? Check out these resources.
- This time in the semester can be stressful for students. Make sure to connect with Cook Counseling!
- Make sure you’re signed up for the Hokie Family Hub and Family eNews to receive the most up-to-date information.
- Is your student struggling academically? Make sure they check out the resources at the Student Success Center. They can also contact the Dean of Students office or their academic department head.
- Trying to make plans for the spring semester? Watch your email inbox and vt.edu/ready for details, coming soon, about the spring semester calendar.
In case you missed it:
Important numbers to know:
- Virginia Tech’s COVID-19 Helpline – 540-231-7600
- Schiffert Health Center – 540-231-6444
— Compiled by Jonathan Tunwar and Travis Williams