Media Advisory: Virginia Tech honors the addition of 1st Lt. Gary Lee Miller to War Memorial Court
More than half century after taking on the ultimate act of service, the name of 1st Lt. Gary Lee Miller has been rightly placed in a position of honor at Virginia Tech.
October 30, 2020
What: Members of the media are invited to cover the dedication of the engraving of the name of Medal of Honor recipient 1st Lt. Gary Lee Miller to the cenotaph at War Memorial Court.
When: 3 p.m. Friday, November 6, 2020.
Where: Virginia Tech’s War Memorial, 601 Drillfield Drive.
· The portion of Drillfield Drive that passes in front of the Pylons will be closed between Kent and Stanger streets during the ceremony, expected to last about 30 minutes.
· Face coverings/masks should be worn by member of the media, with 6-foot physical distancing.
· Mult box connections will be available.
· Speakers will include Virginia Tech President Tim Sands.
· Read more about the ceremony and the honoree: https://vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2020/10/corps-miller.html