Virginia Tech announces search for vice president for enterprise administrative and business services
February 23, 2021
Virginia Tech has announced the search for the university’s vice president for enterprise administrative and business services.
The vice president will serve as a key member of the senior vice president and chief business officer’s leadership team and will administer the university’s safety and security programs and key auxiliary business units.
The position will deliver strategic direction around safety, security, and preparedness at all Virginia Tech campus locations across the commonwealth and at the Steger Center in Riva San Vitale, Switzerland. This includes providing operational oversight to the Virginia Tech Police Department, Virginia Tech Emergency Management, Environmental Health and Safety, and the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad.
The vice president will also lead multiple auxiliary units, including Mail Services and Transportation Services, which includes Air Transportation Services, Alternative Transportation, Fleet Services, and Parking Services.
Guided by the university’s ambitious Beyond Boundaries vision, the vice president will play a critical role in advancing long-term infrastructure, transportation, and accessibility goals highlighted throughout the Virginia Tech Campus Master Plan and Beyond Boundaries Strategic Plan.
Maintaining strong partnerships and collaboration with university leaders; university community members; and local, state, and governmental officials associated with campus health, safety, security, compliance, transportation, and infrastructure efforts will also be central to the vice president’s responsibilities.
The search will be chaired by Kim O’Rourke, vice president for policy and governance and secretary to the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors. Additional members of the search committee include:
- Jeri Baker, senior director of transportation.
- Amin Baghbadorani, graduate student representative.
- Laura Belmonte, dean, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences.
- Karen DePauw, vice president and dean for graduate education, Virginia Tech Graduate School.
- Tom Gabbard, senior associate athletics director, facilities and operations.
- Sarah Guida, undergraduate student representative; chief, Virginia Tech Rescue Squad.
- Mary Helmick, director, procurement.
- Jim Hillman, director of finance and interim executive director for business services.
- Frances Keene, assistant vice president and chief of staff, student affairs.
- Jamie Lau, deputy to the associate vice president for safety and security.
- Ken Miller, vice president for finance.
- Kerry Redican, professor, and program co-director, Programs in Public Health, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Tamarah Smith, business operations specialist.
- Don Taylor, executive vice provost.
- Tracy Vosburgh, senior associate vice president for university relations.
Updates on the search process will be posted to Virginia Tech Daily.
Click here for the position posting.