Virginia Tech Board of Visitors to meet March 21-22
March 11, 2021
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting on Monday, March 22, at 1:15 p.m. in Latham Ballroom A/B (audience to be in Latham Ballroom C/D/E/F) at the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center (901 Prices Fork Road) on the Blacksburg campus.
All meetings held during the two-day session will be held at the Inn at Virginia Tech unless otherwise noted.
On Sunday, March 21, the board’s Selection Committee will meet in closed session from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Solitude Room to interview candidates for the 2021-22 undergraduate and graduate student representatives.
From 1:15 to 3 p.m., all board members will meet in open session and attend an information session in Latham Ballroom A/B.
During the board's two-day session, the following committee meetings will be held:
- On March 22, the Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will meet in closed session at 8:30 a.m., followed by an open session at 9 a.m., both in Latham Ballroom C/D/E/F.
- On March 22, the Buildings and Grounds Committee will assemble in the lobby of The Inn at 7:50 a.m. for a tour of the Creativity and Innovation District. Following the tour, the committee will meet in open session at 9:30 a.m. and will meet jointly with the Finance and Resource Management Committee in open session at 10:45 a.m., both in Latham Ballroom A/B.
- On March 22, the Compliance, Audit, and Risk Committee will meet in closed session at 7 a.m. in the 1872 Salon.
- The Finance and Resource Management Committee will meet March 21 in open session from 3:15 to 6 p.m. in Latham Ballroom A/B. On March 22, the committee will meet in closed session from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the Solitude Room.
- The Governance and Administration Committee will meet in open session on March 22 from noon to 1 p.m. in the 1872 Salon.
During the two-day meeting, board members will consider resolutions on 2021-22 tuition and fee rates, the constitution and bylaws for the Administrative and Professional (A/P) Faculty Senate, the transportation services fee refund for the spring 2021 semester, 2021-22 compensation for graduate assistants, a new Bachelor of Science in education degree program in elementary education, a new Bachelor of Arts in education degree program with two designations, and the Virginia Tech Climate Action Commitment. Board members will also receive a design review for the new Upper Quad residence hall.
Public comment will not be received at the meeting. More information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.