Media Relations Broadcast Studio
Virginia Tech’s media relations team operates a fully equipped, professional video and radio broadcast studio in the Moss Arts Center to connect faculty and campus newsmakers with local, national, and international news media.
The on-campus television and radio studio can broadcast live HD audio and video to networks, news agencies, and affiliates interviewing Virginia Tech faculty, students, and staff. Other requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The studio is operational 24/7 and the university does not charge for its use.
We support a variety of video distribution methods:
- via LTN Global Communications (third-party fees may apply)
- via satellite uplink (third-party fees may apply)
- HD Skype
- pre-recorded tape-sync
Live broadcast quality audio for radio is transmitted via Comrex or ISDN. Recorded tape-syncs can be arranged.
Broadcast media support:
We can provide support to broadcast stations, networks, and other outside producers for productions on campus or about the university.
Campus file footage and photography is available for news or public relations purposes. Please feel free to contact us with specific requests.
Our media relations team will be glad to connect you with experts in a variety of areas and disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Politics and history
- Public and consumer health
- Medicine and neuroscience
- Natural resources, climate change, and the environment
- Nutrition, food, and agriculture
- Race, gender studies, and diversity
- Finance, economics, and business
- Robotics, drones, and intelligent vehicle design
- Computer science and cybersecurity
- Mainstream and social media
- Architecture and intelligent urban planning
- Drinking water
- Veterinary medicine
- Big data
- Gaming technology
Faculty, staff, and students:
Being interviewed on television or radio can be a great opportunity to promote your work for the university. If you receive a request from a news organization, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can assist. Also check out these last-minute interview tips to prepare.
Our studio is located in Moss Arts Center room 152.