Mandatory compliance workshop required for all university employees
From: Office of Equity and Access
All Virginia Tech employees (faculty, staff, wage, student wage, and graduate students) are required to complete a compliance workshop within 90 days of employment and every two calendar years thereafter.
This workshop covers the university's policy on discrimination and harassment and Virginia Tech's responsibilities related to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA).There are two options to complete the workshop:
- Attend an instructor-led workshop at the North End Center on the Blacksburg, Virginia campus. WebEx access is available periodically.
- Complete the workshop online.
Registration for each of the options listed above is required via Coursewhere. To register select "view by alpha" and search for the course title:
- Compliance Workshop: Policy 1025, Title IX, and VAWA (instructor-led, 90 minutes)
- Compliance Workshop – via WebEx: Policy 1025, Title IX, and VAWA (instructor-led, 90 minutes)
- Compliance Workshop On-Demand Module: Policy 1025, Title IX, and VAWA (online, 40 minutes)
For more information, contact Dale Robinson at 540-231-1824.