From: Student Affairs
Virginia Tech Cultural and Community Centers (CCC) will host eight cultural achievement ceremonies and receptions to honor spring 2018 graduates. Students who wish to participate must register online by Friday, April 27. The following ceremonies and receptions will take place at Squires Student Center with the exception of Gesta Latina, Students in Recovery, and Veterans Reception, as noted below:
- Aliyah Reception, a celebration of achievement for Jewish undergraduate and graduate students, Wednesday, May 9, 5-6:30 p.m. in Brush Mountain rooms A, B, and 300
- American Indian & Indigenous Reception, Thursday, May 10, 8-10:30 a.m. in the American Indian & Indigenous Community Center (room 122)
- Asian American Reception, Wednesday, May 9, 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Commonwealth Ballroom
- Donning of the Kente, a celebration of achievement for Black and African American undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. candidates, Wednesday, May 9, 6-8:30 p.m. in Commonwealth Ballroom
- Gesta Latina, a Hispanic-Latino achievement ceremony, Thursday, May 10, noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Graduate Life Center Multipurpose Room
- International Student Achievement Ceremony, Thursday, May 10, 10 a.m. to noon in Commonwealth Ballroom
- Lavender Ceremony, a celebration of achievement for graduating students of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally community, Thursday, May 10, 9-10:30 a.m. in Old Dominion Ballroom
- Muslim Student Reception, Wednesday, May 9, 5-6:30 p.m. in Old Dominion Ballroom
- Students in Recovery, Thursday, May 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Hahn Garden Pavilion
- Veterans Reception, Thursday, May 10 at Holtzman Alumni Center (time yet to be announced).
For more information and to register, visit the Cultural and Community Centers website.