Compliance workshop mandatory for all university employees
From: Office for Equity and Accessibility
All Virginia Tech employees (faculty, staff, wage, student wage, and graduate students) are required to complete a compliance workshop within 90 days of employment and every 24 months thereafter.
This workshop covers the university's policy on discrimination and harassment and Virginia Tech's responsibilities related to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA).
There are several options to complete the workshop:
- Attend an instructor-led workshop at the North End Center on the Blacksburg, Virginia campus. WebEx access is available periodically.
- Complete the workshop online using the on-demand module of the workshop described below.
Registration for each of the options listed above is required via Coursewhere. To register select "view by alpha" and search for the course title:
- Compliance Workshop: Policy 1025, Title IX, and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
(instructor-led, 90 minutes)
- Compliance Workshop – via WebEx: Policy 1025, Title IX, and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) (instructor-led, 90 minutes)
- Compliance Workshop On-Demand Module - Title IX: and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) (online, 55 minutes)
For more information, contact Dale Robinson at 540-231-1824.