Perry Street region impacts: Multi-Modal Facility, Stanger Street, West Campus Drive
From: Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities
Ongoing parking and pedestrian impacts remain in and around the Perry Street region due to the construction of the Blacksburg Transit Multi-Modal Transit Facility and the chilled water infrastructure project.
As construction impacts may change, and plans are altered, please visit the Campus Closures Map often for the latest updates.
Perry Street region impacts
Perry Street Garage access: The garage remains open and accessible from Perry Street at this time. Updates will be shared here and through onsite signage around garage access.
Perry Street and Stanger Street intersection closure - seek alternative routes: Beginning May 17, through approximately early August 2021, this intersection will be closed while a roundabout is constructed. University members will not be able to access campus via Price’s Fork Road to Stanger Street during this period. Please seek alternative routes to campus, including Alumni Mall, Kent Street, Washington Street, and Southgate Drive.
The following parking lots remain closed:
- Surge Lot
- Perry Street Lot
- Prices Fork Lot
- Prices Fork Lot 6 (small portion of lot open for F/S; Perry Street Commuter parking)
- Perry Street Lot 1 (small portion of lot open for F/S; Perry Street Commuter parking)
- Perry Street Lot 2
Where to park:
- Perry Street Garage (F/S; Perry Street Commuter); student spaces in the garage start on level 3
- Perry Street Lot 1 (portion of lot - F/S; Perry Street Commuter)
- Perry Street Lot 6 (portion of lot – F/S; Perry Street Commuter)
- All existing ADA spaces in the Perry Street Garage will be available.
- New ADA spaces will be available in the Perry Street Garage in two locations: Level 2 (ground level on the Prices Fork side closest to Goodwin Hall and on the first level (ground floor on the Perry Street side.) These spaces will be added during the week of March 22 as the existing ADA spaces are displaced in the affected lots.
- The existing ADA spaces in front of Goodwin Hall will be replaced with the spaces above.
- Accessible pedestrian route: The accessible pedestrian route between Perry Street and Prices Fork Road is located between Goodwin Hall and the Perry Street Garage. The route is marked by signage on-site. There is also an accessible pedestrian route leading from the first floor of the garage across Perry Street to Bishop-Favrao Hall.
West Campus Drive closures:
Due to the chilled water infrastructure project:
- Between Wallace and Harper Halls is expected to be closed from May 17 to June 4.
- Between Wallace and Harper Halls is expected to be southbound only from June 4 to Aug. 6.
- Between Duck Pond Drive and Davidson Hall is expected to be northbound only from May 17 to June 30.
Please seek alternative routes to and from campus.