Campus impacts: Chiller Plant Phase II
October 8, 2020
From: Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities
The Virginia Tech Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities is committed to keeping the community informed on the latest traffic, pedestrian, parking, and accessibility impacts associated with the chilled water infrastructure project.
Construction teams will strive to maintain a barrier-free environment and will restore affected areas to a compliant, accessible state.
The latest updates around traffic, road, and sidewalk impacts stemming from the project can be viewed in the Campus Closures Map, which is updated continually.
Please report any accessibility barriers using this form.
Ongoing and Upcoming Impacts:
Through Oct. 30, 2020:
- Classroom Building: Chilled water line is being installed in the grassy area between the Classroom Building and West Campus Drive. The BT stop will be closed in this area.
Through Nov. 20, 2020:
- ICTAS II: Chilled water line is being installed in the parking lot adjacent to ICTAS II and in the grassy area between ICTAS II and Life Science Circle.
Through Nov. 27, 2020:
- Perry Street Garage and Goodwin Hall: Chilled water line is being installed along the northwest side of the Perry Street Garage and will connect to a tie-in point adjacent to Goodwin Hall. The access road behind the garage parallel to the garage and Prices Fork Road is closed. Traffic around the garage will be detoured.
Through Dec. 31, 2020:
- Newman Library: Chilled water line is being installed between Squires Student Center and Newman Library.
- The Upper Stanger parking lot will be closed to accommodate chilled water line installation.
Oct. 9 – Nov. 6, 2020
- Owens Hall and Vawter Hall: Chilled water line is being installed between these buildings to complete campus loop.
Nov. 9 - Dec. 11, 2020:
- Owens Hall: Chilled water line will be installed in the Owens Hall parking lot to complete the campus loop. Trash containers will be relocated temporarily as indicated on site logistic plan. Construction area will be phased in conjunction with loading dock operations to keep deliveries flowing.
Please check the Campus Closures Map often for the latest updates and impacts as projects and regions of focus may change.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 540-231-4300.