Everything you need to know to report an issue to the Virginia Tech Facilities Department
October 15, 2019
From: Virginia Tech Facilities Department
Did you know the Virginia Tech Blacksburg campus spans more than 2,600 acres, 306 buildings, and nearly 15 miles of roadway?
The Virginia Tech Facilities Department plays an integral role in delivering a first-class infrastructure of facilities, grounds, transportation systems, and equipment to support the institution’s learning, discovery, and engagement missions.
Similarly, members of the university community also play a vital role in helping maintain a safe and smoothly-operating campus infrastructure. The Facilities Department relies on faculty, staff, and students to report timely maintenance and accessibility issues in the same light as the tried and true slogan, “See something, say something.”
Please refer to the information below for reporting Facilities issues and accessibility barriers on campus.
Do you have an urgent Facilities emergency?
Example: You smell gas or a tree is blocking the road.
- Please dial 911.
Do you have an immediate or routine Facilities issue?
Examples: Reporting a clogged toilet, heating issues, broken window, etc.
- If you are in a residence hall, contact Housing and Residence Life at 540-231-1111 or submit an online request through HokieServ.
- If you are in an administrative, academic, or other campus building, call the VT Repair team at 540-231-4300 during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, submit a HokieServ Customer Request Form, or email email@example.com.
- Outside of normal business hours or during holidays, call the Virginia Tech Police Department's non-emergency line at 540-382-4343 to report the situation.
Do you need to report a physical barrier?
Examples: Reporting an inoperative elevator or chair lift, blocked pathway, or inaccessible entrance.
To report a physical barrier, please use one of the options below to contact the Office of Equity and Accessibility so they can respond to the issue as quickly as possible.
- Submit a Report a Physical Barrier Form.
- Call ADA and Accessibility Services at 540-231-2010.
Additional questions and concerns can be directed to the Facilities Department at 540-231-4300.