ParkMobile, on-demand parking app, offers easy parking on the Blacksburg campus
From: Virginia Tech Transportation Services
Virginia Tech Transportation Services has partnered with ParkMobile to provide a convenient, contactless electronic payment option for parking on the Blacksburg campus.
Parking is now available with ParkMobile across campus in the following locations:
- Any campus parking space or lot that has standard F/S, C/G, or R parking. This does not apply to 24-hour restricted lots designated for specific groups – Service Vehicle, Carpool, etc. While using ParkMobile, faculty and staff should park in F/S spaces; undergraduate and graduate students should park in C/G and R spaces. Visitors may park in F/S, C/G, or R spaces.
- Parking meters (see meter list below).
- The three Grab & Go 15-minute parking areas by campus dining halls.
Benefits of using ParkMobile:
- Easy to register and start your parking session.
- Contactless parking method.
- Easy way to park on-the-go and avoid parking citations.
- Select from multiple time increments, including hourly and daily parking.
- Extend your parking session on-the-go remotely.
- Add up to five license plates to your profile.
- The app can be used nationwide at thousands of parking locations.
How to get started using ParkMobile
1. Create a free ParkMobile account.
- Visit the ParkMobile site or download the ParkMobile app in the App Store or Google Play.
- If you already have a ParkMobile account, check to ensure your profile is up-to-date.
2. Add vehicle information to profile.
- Add your license plate number.
- Using multiple cars? Up to five license plates can be added to your profile.
3. Add payment information to profile.
- Most major credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay are accepted.
4. Park in any space or meter marked with a ParkMobile sign or sticker.
- ParkMobile parking zones map.
- Parking is enforced on the Blacksburg campus Monday - Friday, from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Park in any campus parking space or lot that has standard F/S, C/G, or R parking. This does not apply to 24-hour restricted lots designated for specific groups – Service Vehicle, Carpool, etc. While using ParkMobile, faculty and staff should park in F/S spaces; undergraduate and graduate students should park in C/G and R spaces. Visitors may park in F/S, C/G, or R spaces.
- Meter parking zones (zone numbers and location):
- 85102 | Bookstore Lot
- 85103 | Coliseum Lot
- 85104 | Perry Street Lot
- 85105 | Drillfield Lot
- 85106 | Wright House
- 85107 | Alumni Mall
- 85108 | Squires Lot
- 85109 | Steger Hall
- 85110 | Oak Lane
- 85111 | Parking Services
- 85112 | Laundry Tailor (Old Security Building)
5. Select parking zone, duration.
- Enter your zone # by referring to nearby signage, the sticker on the meter, or by using the map within the ParkMobile app or website.
- You can save "favorite" and recently used parking zones.
- Select the duration of time you would like to park.
6. Confirm your parking session information and start parking.
- Parking enforcement personnel will validate your campus parking status using the ParkMobile system.
7. Need to extend your parking session?
- Parking can be extended remotely.
- If you opt into notifications, text messages, or emails, you will receive a notification to extend your parking duration.
- You can set customizable parking expiration alerts.
Please visit Parking Services’ ParkMobile site for helpful videos and more details before starting your parking session.
Additional parking options
- Purchase a parking permit.
- Daily parking is still available for purchase (via ParkMobile, online, or in-person at Parking Services at 505 Beamer Way, Blacksburg, VA 24061).
- Coins will still be accepted at parking meters on campus.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-3200.