On-campus COVID-19 guidance for vendors and contractors
With Virginia Tech’s Aug. 3 shift to modified operations status, departments and supervisors are reminded that all vendors and contractors on campus should observe the latest public health and safety guidance and uphold the Community Wellness Commitment.
Supervisors should proactively communicate these expectations with vendors and contractors before they arrive on campus. The most recent guidance includes, but is not limited to, university requirements and best practices for:
- Wearing a face covering or mask in indoor and outdoor settings, with limited exceptions.
- Maintaining appropriate physical distance.
- Practicing good personal hygiene, including frequent handwashing, covering coughs or sneezes, and avoiding touching the face.
- Reporting any symptoms or potential exposures to COVID-19 to their Virginia Tech supervisor.
- Reporting any positive or suspected cases of COVID-19 to their Virginia Tech supervisor.
- Staying home if they are sick.
Like employees and students, vendors and contractors are also expected to complete the daily Hokie Health check survey before coming to any Virginia Tech campus or office. This health check can be completed by downloading the Hokie Ready app. If preferred, a vendor or contractor may use a paper version of the survey.
The Community Wellness Commitment exemplifies the university and community’s pledge to care for the health and well-being of every member of our community. The university appreciates the participation of our vendors and contractors in this commitment.
More information on the university’s response to COVID-19 and any future updates to public health and safety guidance can be found at vt.edu/ready.
If a vendor or contractor has questions, contact the Procurement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-6221.