From: Career and Professional Development
Career and Professional Development is transitioning from its current student job listing system, Hokies4Hire, to Handshake. Handshake is a new, modern career management platform that allows students to seek out job and experiential learning opportunities that fit their interests and career goals. Handshake also enables employers to recruit smarter and build a talented workforce.
Handshake is user friendly and has been successful among many of Virginia Tech's peer institutions. Features include:
- Online appointment scheduling with career advisors.
- Access to jobs, internships, and co-ops.
- On campus wage and work study positions, part- and full-time positions.
- Scheduling on-campus Interviewing with recruiters.
- Tracking job fairs and career-related events.
- Information about key online resources.
The transition began May 1 with employers and Virginia Tech departments setting up accounts. Students will have access May 29.
Contact Career and Professional Development at 540-231-6241 for more information.