Community Health Center and NRV CARES charities to speak to employees next week
From: Virginia Tech's Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC)
As the end of the month approaches, we would like to thank everyone who has donated to the CVC so far. Together, we can strive to reach our university’s goal of $370,000.
An annual workplace giving campaign, state employees raise and donate money to one or more of approximately 1,000 participating charities in their communities and across the commonwealth. Charities range from health and human services to animal welfare, from environmental conservation to medical research, and everything in between. There is a charity for everyone.
Virginia Tech employees have the opportunity to interact with local charities through Zoom sessions every Tuesday. A weekly schedule can be viewed on the CVC website, listing the participating charities and registration information.
The following charities will present on Oct. 27 providing insight on their mission in our community:
- 12-12:30 p.m.: Community Health Center of the New River Valley
- 12:30-1 p.m.: New River Valley Child Advocacy Resources Education and Services (NRV CARES)
This year’s campaign runs until Dec. 11. Employees can donate to the campaign multiple ways, including two new options this year. The following are ways to donate:
- Payroll deduction: Donate through an online payroll deduction by choosing one of the two options: a one-time gift or a monthly deduction.
- Cash or check: To donate by check, fill out a pledge form and return it by campus mail to CVC Coordinator (0318) or Unites States mail to CVC Coordinator, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner Street NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061. To donate by cash, fill out a pledge form and hand deliver it to the North End Center, Suite 2300, 300 Turner Street NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061. Note: Cash donations cannot be sent by mail.
- New: Credit Card: Donate through cvcgives.org using the agency code 208 – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Note: Send an email to CVC Coordinator, Jessica Pharis, at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the charity organization or organizations that you wish to direct your donation to and the amount donated.
- New: Monetary Direct Give: Donate through the direct give form, and receive credit of donating to a CVC approved charity and Virginia Tech’s direct giving. Note: Please use the agency code 208 - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Questions or assistance should be directed to department representatives. For more information, visit the CVC website.