Students, employees in D.C. area encouraged to register for COVID-19 testing
October 14, 2020
The university will begin asymptomatic, surveillance testing for Virginia Tech employees and students in the greater Washington, D.C., metro area starting Tuesday, Oct. 20. This applies to employees and students who use or work in the following locations only:
- Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church
- Virginia Tech Research Center – Arlington
- Washington-Alexandria Architecture Center in Alexandria
- The Gallery student housing
- Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center
- Occoquan Watershed Monitoring Laboratory
Surveillance testing will be conducted by appointment only. Pop-up clinics will be located at three sites in the D.C. metro area. Appointments will be available every other week. Registration is required for each location.
- 1021 Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia
1st floor, enter through Courtyard
Tuesday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- 7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, Virginia
Wednesday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- 900 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia
East/West Falls Church room
Thursday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Before coming to a Virginia Tech location, please perform a self-check on your health using the Hokie Health ✔️ tool. Testing is encouraged for employees and students who regularly visit a Virginia Tech site in the D.C. area. This testing is NOT for individuals with symptoms or who think they may have been exposed to the virus.
Those who are symptomatic, believe or know they have been exposed to the virus, or have other indications or exposure, should contact Schiffert Health Center or their primary care physician to determine whether they should be tested. Testing in the D.C. area will run through the end of the fall semester classes.