The Division of Motor Vehicles to come to Virginia Tech and VTC
From: Hokie Wellness
DMV Connect will return to campus, Tuesday, Aug. 27, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in room 2410 at the North End Center.
DMV Connect will also be on hand for Virginia Tech Carilion employees and students on Tuesday, Aug. 20, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. behind Riverside II.
DMV Connect will offer a variety of services including but not limited to:
- Address change
- Driver’s license
- ID card (adult, child, veteran)
- Vehicle titles
- Vehicle registrations
- Handicap Parking Permit
- Hunting and fishing licenses
Additionally, DMV Connect can provide the REAL ID. Beginning October 1, 2020, Virginians will need a REAL ID compliant driver’s license or ID card - or another federally approved form of identification, such as a U.S. passport or some military IDs - to board a domestic flight or enter a secure federal facility.
All applicants for a REAL ID compliant credential, including current Virginia credential holders, must apply in-person, and pay a $10 one-time REAL ID surcharge in addition to standard renewal or replacement fees. Driver’s licenses and ID cards may be renewed up to one year before the expiration date.
Several documents must be presented when applying for a REAL ID. Please bring physical documentation of:
- Identity and legal presence - such as an:
Unexpired U.S. passport or
U.S. birth certificate (original) and, if applicable, proof of name change such as marriage certificates (original signed by clerk of court)
- Social Security Number - a Social Security card or W-2 form that shows all 9 digits
- Two proofs of residency - this can be your valid Virginia driver's license with your current residential street address, voter registration card, recent utility bills, or rental lease agreement or mortgage statement. No PO boxes, your proof must show physical address.
Learn more about the REAL ID.
For more information, contact Hokie Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 540-231-8878.