Hokie Wellness flu vaccination clinics begin Oct. 1
From: Hokie Wellness
Annual flu vaccination clinics begin Tuesday, Oct. 1, and will run through Nov. 12 at the locations across campus.
Additional vaccines will be offered at some of the clinics on a first come, first serve basis, including Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis), MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), Hepatitis A and B, both pneumonia vaccines, and the new shingles vaccine, Shingrix.
Below is the list of clinics, which are from 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m, except where noted with a *:
- Oct. 1: North End Center, room 2410, other vaccines will be available
- Oct. 3: Burrus Hall, room 130
- Oct. 8: VTC, Roanoke, Riverside 2, room M-106, other vaccines will be available
- Oct. 10: Goodwin Hall, room 461
- Oct. 15: Steger Hall, room 118
- *Oct. 17: New Hall West, lower level training room, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., other vaccines will be available
- Oct. 18: Wiki Conference room, CRC, other vaccines will be available
- Oct. 22: VTTI, conference room
- Oct. 29: North End Center, room 2410
- Oct. 31: Sterrett facility, classroom, other vaccines will be available
- Nov. 5: The Inn at Virginia Tech, Draper’s Meadow, other vaccines will be available
- Nov. 7: Wallace Hall atrium
- *Nov. 12: Squires, Old Dominion Ballroom, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Registration is preferred for the flu vaccination but walk-ins are welcome.
The flu vaccination is free for benefited and wage employees. Benefited employees must bring their insurance card to the clinic. Wage employees must bring their Hokie Passport for identification. The cost for others and students is $25.
The new shingles vaccine, Shingrix, along with the other vaccines, will be available on a first come, first serve basis. No registration is required. The pharmacist will review the consent form and history at the clinic prior to dispensing the vaccine.
For more information, contact Hokie Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-231-8878.