From: Hokie Wellness
Mobile mammography screening services will be coming to Virginia Tech, compliments of the University of Virginia Breast Care Program.
The mobile service will be at McComas Hall Friday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Appointments are required and may be made by calling 434-243-4704 or 540-661-3082.
Other details include:
- The highly skilled technicians aboard the UVA Mobile Mammography Coach perform screening mammograms only. Women who have a history of breast problems, please contact your physician to discuss your options.
- You must have a current relationship with a physician. Please have your physician’s full name, address, and phone number when you call to make an appointment.
- Women 40 and older should talk to their doctor about their risk factors for breast cancer to determine frequency of mammograms.
- The cost of this screening will be billed to your insurance company. Programs exist to cover the cost of exams for women with no health insurance. Please ask about these programs when you call to schedule your appointment.
- The results of your mammogram will be sent to your physician.
Take the time for a life-saving mammogram. For more information, contact Hokie Wellness at email@example.com or by calling 540-231-8878.