Career Shift Resources available to employees
From: Human Resources
The Human Resources Talent Acquisition Team is offering a three-part Zoom series called Career Shift Resources this July to assist members of the Virginia Tech community in need of professional resources.
Over a three-week period, this series will cover topics such as resume building, writing cover letters, online interview preparation, and how to build an online presence, including a LinkedIn profile.
Anyone with a Virginia Tech email address is welcome to attend and ask questions during the following sessions:
Career Shift Resources: Resume Building and Writing Cover Letters
Tuesday, July 7, 10-11 a.m.
- Create resumes that highlight qualifications and skills.
- Create cover letters that introduce you to potential employers while expressing interest in the position.
Career Shift Resources: Preparing and Succeeding in Your Online Interview
Tuesday, July 14, 10-11 a.m.
- Learn the different types of interviews along with tips and tricks to get through the process.
Career Shift Resources: Your LinkedIn Profile, Online Presence, and Job Search
Tuesday, July 21, 10-11 a.m.
- Learn the benefits and importance of building networks.
- Build confidence and strengthen business connections, including online presence.
For questions, contact the HR service center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.
Requests for accommodations: If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation for any of these sessions, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least five business days prior to the event.