Open enrollment for health insurance and flexible spending accounts, May 3-17
From: Human Resources
Open enrollment for state-provided health insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA) runs through May 17, 2021. Any changes made during open enrollment will be effective July 1, 2021.
Following are the changes for the 2021-22 plan year:
- Employee premiums have changed.
- Spotlight on Benefits newsletter has been mailed to employees’ home addresses on file.
- All Health Plans:
- Insulin Drug Cost Sharing Maximum: A limit has been placed on member cost sharing for up to a 34-day or 90-day supply of covered insulin prescription drugs (page 6 of Spotlight).
- COVA Care, COVA HDHP and COVA HealthAware:
- Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs): Coverage for diabetes supplies will be available under the IngenioRx pharmacy benefit (page 6 of Spotlight).
- COVA Care and COVA HDHP:
- Sleep Evaluation: Schedule online appointments with a board-certified sleep specialist for evaluation and treatment (page 6 of Spotlight).
- COVA Care and COVA HealthAware:
- Premium Rewards: Save on monthly premiums by completing a health assessment.
- MUST complete a health assessment between May 3 – 17, 2021 for rewards to begin or continue on July 1.
For more information, visit the open enrollment webpage.
No action is required for those who wish to continue the same insurance; however, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care and the premium rewards discount must be renewed each year.
Employees are strongly encouraged to submit open enrollment changes through EmployeeDirect, the Virginia Department of Human Resources Management’s (DHRM) electronic submission portal, and select Health Benefits Direct. Changes must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2021.
Enrollment forms and supporting documents can also be submitted to Human Resources using their secure e-drop box. Paper forms should only be used if online access is unavailable.
Human Resources is offering Zoom information sessions for employees to review health insurance and FSA changes. Registration is not required for these sessions.
Please direct any questions to the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.