Virtual spring retirement planning seminars available
It is never too early or too late to start planning for retirement.
From: Human Resources
Human Resources is committed to making sure employees are well prepared for retirement, and have set up retirement planning information sessions.
New this spring: Sessions are split into employee’s mandatory retirement plans.
- Virginia Retirement System sessions include information on the VRS retirement options, calculating monthly benefits, increasing retirement income, life insurance, health insurance, and other VRS benefits and resources.
- The new Optional Retirement Plan sessions include information on increasing retirement income, life insurance, health insurance, and other retirement benefits and resources. Representatives from TIAA and Fidelity will be present to discuss retirement planning and payout options as well as answer general questions.
All employees are welcome to attend. The information presented will be especially helpful to employees planning to retire within the next six years.
The following sessions are available:
Virginia Retirement System – Planning Sessions
- Thursday, April 8, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 13, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- VRS Registration
Optional Retirement Plan – Planning Sessions
- Wednesday, April 7, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 15, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- ORP Registration
All sessions will be conducted via Zoom. Registration is required for these free sessions.
Note: Please ensure you register for the correct session based on your retirement plan. If you do not know which retirement plan you are enrolled in, view your Virginia Tech paystub in HokieSpa, or contact the HR Service Center.
For questions or more information, contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-9331.