Frank Beamer: Give back to the community this holiday season
As we approach Thanksgiving and the holiday season, we are reminded of the importance of giving back to our communities.
Thanks to your generous contributions, the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) has raised more than $197,000 of the university’s $375,000 goal since the kickoff on Sept. 24. Although this is a great start, we still have some work to do to reach our goal. The campaign runs until Friday, Dec. 14, so we have 28 days remaining. I know we can do this!
I would like to offer a congratulations and thank you to several senior management areas that have already reached their targeted goals … and they are continuing to raise money to further surpass their goals. In the spirit of Hokie football, I encourage every employee to look to the example these teams have set to inspire your own senior management area to not only reach, but surpass your goal!
I encourage every employee to visit the CVC website and look through the 1,000 or more participating charities and find one that you want to support. There truly is a charity for everyone, and every dollar counts to help reach our goal.
In the spirit of our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), I am confident the Hokie Nation will come together and exceed this year’s goal of $375,000.
Thank you again for your service to Virginia Tech and the community. Have a very happy Thanksgiving, and let’s go, Hokies!
2018 Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign
Ways to Give to the 2018 Campaign
The Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) is a convenient way for employees to support a wide range of not-for-profit health and human services organizations. Through payroll deduction, check or cash donations, state employees may contribute to a better community.
- Select “online pledge system.”
- Enter your total annual pledge amount. If you choose to contribute by payroll deduction, the per pay period amount will automatically calculate. You can also choose a one-time deduction donation. Please note: One-time donations are deducted from the first paycheck of the next calendar year.
- Designate your donation to one or more specific charities by clicking the "Add a Charity" button and searching the database for the charity, then enter the amount you want the charity to receive. An amount must be entered in order to "Select" a charity. If a specific charity is not selected, the total amount of your gift will reflect in the “Amount Not Designated” area.
- Determine your acknowledgement. You may select for your gift to be anonymous or that your information be provided to the charity so they know who made the donation. If you select for your donation to be acknowledged, your home address will populate into the form. You will also have the option of changing the information or adding a spouse’s name to the acknowledgement.
- Click “Submit Pledge” to finalize donation. After submitting your pledge, you will have the opportunity to print. An email confirmation will be sent to your Virginia Tech email address for your records.
Employees can also give via cash or check. If you prefer a traditional donation, fill out a pledge form and return it by campus mail with your donation to the CVC Coordinator (0318) or U.S. mail to CVC coordinator, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St, NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.