Submit documents to Human Resources using new digital processes
From: Human Resources
In response to Virginia Tech President Tim Sands’ announcement on March 31, 2020 that the university will be moving to “essential operations” due to the impact of COVID-19, Human Resources encourages employees to take advantage of new digital processes for submitting their HR documents. Submitting documents digitally promotes social distancing, complies with Gov. Ralph Northam’s “stay-at-home” directive issued on March 30, 2020, and protects the entire Virginia Tech community.
How to send documents to Human Resources
Human Resources has moved the receipt of paper to the following secure digital format options.
Google Form/Drive: A new process has been created to allow employees and non-employees to upload documents on a Google Form to a secure Google Drive. Virginia Tech has an agreement with Google to ensure the documents are encrypted when in transit and after they have been uploaded to the folder. All documents will be reviewed when they are submitted by the HR Service Center and moved to the appropriate team for processing. If forms are received after normal business hours, which are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the forms will be reviewed the next business day. Processing times can vary. Please note the following:
- The form requires name, email address, phone number, and purpose of the file.
- The user must send the form from one of the following types of email accounts:
- The document can be uploaded from a computer, from the cloud, or any mobile device (cell phone, tablet, etc.).
- Please do not include your full Social Security Number (SSN) on the document you are sending. If the form requires an SSN, use the last four digits on the form. If the document requires your Employee ID number, please put “XX” in the first two (2) digits or block these digits with dark ink. The site is secure once the document is received but the device that you send the document or image from may not be secure.
- Once a document is submitted, a confirmation email will be sent.
- Note: If an email is not received soon after the document is submitted, check spam folders for the confirmation email.
Digital Fax: Please continue to use the HR Service Center’s secure fax number, 540-231-3830, where the document will be reviewed by the Service Center and moved to digital folders for processing.
Human Resources recommends that employees use either the Google Form/Drive or digital fax; however If you do not have the ability to upload the document or an image of the document from your personal device, or are not comfortable taking a picture of the document from your personal device, you can mail the document to Human Resources, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner Street NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061. If you prefer to drop off the document in a sealed envelope, the North End Center is open during business hours and the envelope can be slid under the door of Suite 2300 (Human Resources). Mail is currently being delivered and reviewed twice a week.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.