Optional benefits open enrollment available for September
From: Division of Human Resources
During this annual open enrollment period, Virginia Tech employees have the opportunity to enroll in various optional benefits or make changes to their existing coverage without experiencing a qualifying event. These benefits are available to enhance employees’ benefits package with Virginia Tech.
The open enrollment period for both Legal Resources and Aflac is Sept. 1 - 30, with an effective date of Oct. 1. No action is required for employees who are already enrolled unless they wish to discontinue or make changes. Legal resources, Aflac and NY Life will provide information sessions (no registration required) on the following dates:
National Capital Region - Dianka M. Curtis (Dept. Contact)
- Aflac: Tuesday, Sept. 10, 1.30 - 4.30 p.m., VT Research Center, Arlington
- Legal Resources: Thursday, Sept. 5, 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m., VT Research Center, Arlington
Roanoke, VTC School of Medicine & Fralin Biomedical Research Institute - Amel Cuskovic / Patricia Wooten (Dept. Contact)
- Aflac: Thursday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., VTCSOM Library Conference Room
- Legal Resources: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2 - 4 p.m., VTCSOM Library Conference Room
- New York Life: Thursday, Sept. 19, 1 - 3 p.m., VTCSOM Library Conference Room
Blacksburg, North End Center - Raksha Sharma (Dept. Contact)
- Aflac: Friday, Sept. 6, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Room 2440
- Aflac: Thursday, Sept. 19, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Room 2440
- Aflac: Friday, Sept. 20, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Room 2440
- Legal Resources: Wednesday, Sept. 11, 1 - 4 p.m., Room 2440
- Legal Resources: Thursday, Sept. 12, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Room 2470
- Legal Resources: Monday, Sept. 23, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., Room 2440
- Legal Resources: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Room 3600
Now is also a good time to consider signing up for New York Life’s whole life coverage or Securian’s term life insurance. There is no open enrollment period for either of these benefits – employees may enroll at any time.
New this year, the Commonwealth of Virginia is offering Genworth (long-term care). Open enrollment will be held Sept. 16 – Oct. 11, with an effective date of Dec. 1. Informational training sessions about the long-term care benefit will be held at the North End Center Room 2420 and via Zoom on Oct. 1 at 9 a.m., noon, and 2 p.m. Employees may sign up for one of those sessions by going to training.vt.edu, searching under the Human Resources category, and selecting the session they want to attend.
This information is also available on the Benefits Open Enrollment webpage. Please contact the contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331 with questions or for additional information regarding optional benefits.