Resources available through Employee Assistance Program
Employees who are covered by the state’s health insurance plans have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost. In addition, covered dependents on the employee’s health plan also have access to the EAP at no cost. This program provides quick and easy access to confidential resources to help meet the challenges of everyday life.
EAP gives you access to a variety of resources such as:
- Counseling: Receive four free sessions with a licensed counselor per issue annually. Counseling is available to covered employees, dependents, and household members.
- Legal Services: Receive a 30-minute free consultation with an attorney by phone or in-person. It also grants a 25 percent discount on hourly attorney fees.
- Financial Services: Receive a 30-minute free consultation for financial topics related to budgeting, retirement or financial planning, mortgages, credit or debt issues, college funding, tax and IRS questions, bankruptcy prevention, housing education, credit report reviews, and long-term goal setting. It also grants a 25 percent discount on full tax preparation services.
- myStrength: Access an array of online mental health resources through myStrength, including personalized workouts; emotional wellness tools; wellness assessments; positive inspiration and motivation; and assistance on sleeping better, overcoming substance abuse, or chronic pain. myStrength helps you set goals, track your progress, and work through various wellness programs.
- Identity Monitoring and Recovery Services: Receive 30-60-minute free consultations with ID recovery professionals. They aid in completing the necessary paperwork and negotiating credit issues with creditors and provide education and coaching regarding identity theft prevention. An identity theft specialist can also work to restore your credit to a pre-theft level.
- Additional Services: Access a discount shopping program that gives up to 25 percent off brand name, practical, and luxury items. Depending on your health plan, you may also have access to gym membership or fitness equipment discounts. The member website contains an adult care and childcare provider search tool, financial calculators, free legal forms, professional development tools, adoption information, and more!
The Employee Assistance Program makes getting help simple, convenient, and confidential and is accessible 24/7, 365 days a year via phone or web. Please see the following list to determine which EAP plan you have.
- COVA Care and COVA HDHP: Visit Anthem EAP website or call 1-855-223-9277
- COVA HealthAware: Visit Aetna EAP website or call 1-888-238-6232
- Kaiser Permanente HMO: Call Behavioral Health and EAP via Beacon at 1-866-517-7042
- Optima Health Vantage HMO: Visit Optima EAP website or call 1-866-846-2682