Human Resources launches Hiring Center for new employees
Human Resources has announced a new service to improve the onboarding experience for new employees that will be available starting Sept. 4.
The Hiring Center will give new employees a resource to complete some of their initial Virginia Tech onboarding activities prior to their first day of work. While this service is focused on improving service to employees with limited access to computers and other technology, this service is available to any new employee who may have a question or need help with their onboarding.
Employees will be able to visit the Hiring Center to complete the following activities:
- Obtain their Virginia Tech ID number (also referred to as their 90-number).
- Create their PID.
- Complete their Duo two-factor authentication.
- Start their I-9 form, which they will then complete with their manager on their first day of work.
- Fill out tax forms.
- Enroll for direct deposit.
- Print their free 30-day parking pass, which is a benefit for new employees to the university who are based on the Blacksburg campus.
The Hiring Center will be located in the North End Center, Room 2450 and will be open weekly on the following days and times:
- Monday: 8 – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday: 3 – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Human Resources’ representatives will be onsite to help new employees and answer questions about getting started at Virginia Tech. Employees should allow 20-30 minutes to complete onboarding activities. Employees will need to bring their driver’s license and social security card (or other forms of identification), and job number and offer information for their new position.
Parking is available in the North End Center garage. Human Resources will validate parking for Hiring Center visitors.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-9331.