One-stop-shop for HR processes now available
From: Human Resources
In 2019, Human Resources began a project to update processes and content related to hiring, onboarding, and other employee transactions. The result is a NEW one-stop shop on the HR web site where managers and supervisors, employees in HR roles, and all other university employees can go to find the answers to their HR questions. These new pages (formally known as the “Resource Guide”) are now live.
We want to thank our entire HR community for the collaboration on reviewing, testing, and providing feedback to ensure relevant and up-to-date content and information. The new site features:
- Updated hiring content based on PageUp, the university’s applicant tracking system processes and workflows.
- A comprehensive transactions site with links to related procedures, content, and more based on position type.
- A new searchable forms library that makes finding forms easier. Visitors can search based on form number (if applicable), name, or category.
- Links to onboarding content.
- A conviction check process page.
In addition, the new site provides better site functionality and layout, pages meet accessibility standards, content is easier to find due to page tagging, Virginia Tech’s search will find the content, and the following vanity URLs have been set up to better serve users:
For questions, email the Human Resources Communications Team at HRCommunication@vt.edu.