There’s still time to get the flu shot
From: Division of Human Resources and Hokie Wellness
Flu season can last as late as May according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Virginia Tech encourages all Hokies to protect yourself and others this season.
Vaccinations are still available at most local pharmacies and through health care providers. State health plan members may get a free flu vaccine at pharmacies participating in their health plan’s network.
- COVA Care, COVA HDHP and COVA HealthAware members also may receive flu shots at no cost from network physicians’ offices and other participating providers.
- Kaiser Permanente HMO members must go to a participating Kaiser medical center.
Visit this page from the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Human Resource Management for more information.
Other ways to protect against the flu:
The easiest way to protect against the flu is to use good sanitation practices. This includes, washing hand repeatedly, using a mask, and using hand sanitizer. In addition, flu kits are in the process of being distributed among residence halls and RAs (sanitizer, mask, tissues).
More information about the flu:
Vaccination is the best protection against contracting the flu. In addition, we encourage all Hokies to review this information from Virginia Tech’s Emergency Management Office for guides on what to do if a flu outbreak occurs.
- Contact Hokie Wellness at email@example.com or 540-231-8878.
- About flu vaccines and your medical plan, contact your plan provider.
- From students about the flu, contact Schiffert Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-6444