Introducing a self-paced, virtual option for Fast Track for New Supervisors
From: Human Resources
The Talent Development team has launched a new, self-paced, virtual version of the Fast Track for New Supervisors program. This program features five modules with practical, real-world activities to provide supervisors with foundational knowledge and relevant skills to achieve the university's strategic goals.
Fast Track for New Supervisors covers the following topics:
- Leading Self focuses on improving the ability of supervisors to clearly communicate using the Myers-Briggs Temperament style, identify leadership styles, and understand what it means to be a supervisor.
- Leading Others centers on the ability for supervisors to succeed in managing performance by creating a culture of continuous feedback, through coaching, addressing performance issues, setting goals, and delivering the annual evaluation.
- Leading Teams concentrates on a supervisor’s ability to create team functional effectiveness, value employee initiative, and embrace conflict through effective team dynamics, negotiation, and strong conflict management.
- Leading Strategically applies to the ability to drive innovation, continuously improve, and champion change by using foundational change management and project management best practices.
- Leading Intentionally explores the ability to be comfortable in leading from onboarding through offboarding using HR policies and employment law while upholding the Principles of Community to create a diverse and welcoming environment.
Register today and earn your badge of completion by completing all five modules within a year. For more information and to register, visit the Fast Track for New Supervisors: Self-Paced program.
For questions, contact the HR service center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.